Green Spa Status
Cloud 9 Day Spas & Boutique is proud to have been awarded Green Spa status by Eminence Organic Skin Care. Eminence initiated the Green Spa Program to recognize authorized resellers that actively support the green movement.
Eminence -A Green Company
Eminence Organic Skin Care has a deep-rooted philosophy where they are committed to finding organic, Earth-friendly solutions in every aspect of their business.
Following are some of the ways they accomplish that:
- Farms are Certified Organic and powered by solar & wind energy.
- Products are free of parabens, animal by-products, propylene glycol, and other harsh cosmetic chemicals
- Product boxes are recyclable, made from Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified material
- Offices are Green using wind and solar power, recycled paper, and eco-friendly ink.
- Distribution incorporates hybrid vehicles, biodiesel trucks, and employees cycle to work.
Cloud 9 - A Green Spa
Being a Green Company itself, Eminence Organic Skin Care encourage resellers of their Organic Skin Care Products to adopt a Green initiative as well.
As a result, they have implemented a Green Spa Certification which is designed to help spas reduce their environmental impact and operate in a more sustainable manner.
Participation in the Green Spa program is intended to demonstrate a spa’s commitment to sustainability and to help protect the environment.
The requirements to become an Eminence Green Spa are stringent and Cloud 9 Day Spas & Boutique is not only proud but honored to have acheived the status.
Requirements For Green Spa Status
The requirements to become an Eminence Organic Skin Care Green Spa are stringent, requiring successful candidates to achieve 11 of the following 17 criteria:
- Incorporate the use of power bars in treatment rooms and office areas and turn them off when equipment is not in use.
- Eliminate the use of paper and plastic cups, plates, and flatware, and replace them with biodegradable options whenever possible.
- Establish an in-spa recycling awareness program, by placing recycling bins next to trash bins with clearly marked signs indicating what constitutes acceptable waste.
- Use natural, non-toxic, biodegradable cleaning supplies instead of chemical-based products.
- Limit the number of linens such as towels and robes, to spa guests, offering only what they require during their visit.
- Purchase all condiments such as cream and sugar, and supplies such as paper goods and soaps in bulk.
- Use only organic and Fair Trade coffee.
- Adjust the A/C by two degrees in the summer and turn your thermostat down two degrees in the winter to use less energy.
- Use halogen, LED, CLF, or low-voltage track lighting in at least 50% of your sources.
- Program all computer monitors to sleep mode after 15 minutes or more.
- Use filtered water taps instead of buying bottles of drinking water. This is a cheaper alternative to buying bottled water and limits waste.
- Print all marketing materials on recycled paper with eco-friendly inks.
- Reuse paper for in-spa memos, notes, and scratch paper.
- Display the Eminence Organics Green Brochure in prominent areas around your spa.
- Designate time at staff meetings to discuss new and existing environmental efforts.
- Provide staff with information on how they can improve their green efforts at home as well as in the spa.