1. What is Reflexology?
Reflexology is a gentle, natural, non-invasive ancient and scientific healing art, which is based on the idea that there are specific areas in the feet and hands, which correspond to all glands, organs, parts and systems of the body. The physical act of applying pressure to these reflex points (nerve endings) by using specific thumb techniques, results in stress reduction, which promotes positive physiological changes in other areas of the body.
2. Why Does Reflexology Feel So Good?
3. How Does Reflexology Work?
As we go about our daily lives, minute amounts of waste containing lactic acid, uric acid, calcium and various other by-products develop as the nervous system communicates with the body. When the body is overstressed these waste products build up and are carried along the nerve paths to the extremities. Here they settle in and cause blocked energy and circulation. When pressure is applied to the nerve endings (reflex areas) messages are transmitted to the brain through the nervous system and the body responds by working toward a biologically balanced state.
4. What Are The Benefits Of Reflexology?
5. What Can Reflexology Do For My Health?
Beyond relaxation, reflexology has been shown to:
- Relieve stress
- Reduce tension and tightness
- Promote balance in the body
- Improve nerve functioning
- Improve circulation / blood supply
- Improve lymph drainage
- Release toxins and impurities
- Rejuvenate tired tissues / cells
- Help to restore a proper fluid balance in the tissues
- Build up the body’s immunity and resistance to disease
- Provide grounding
- Clear emotional debris
- Speed the elimination of waste products
- Create an overall sense of well-being
Because reflexology promotes well-being it may also help to:
- Control/decrease pain and improve comfort
- Relieve fatigue
- Decrease soreness and healing time
- Improve sleep
- Reduce swelling from injuries or illness
- Improve concentration
- Improve skin tone
- Improve mood
- Relieve circulatory disorders
- Reduce anxiety
- Relieve headaches and migraines
- Relieve sinus problems
- Relieve stomach and back aches
- Lessen menstrual discomfort
- Relieve digestive problems
- Increase energy
The above lists are not all encompassing. Different results may be realized by each person. In general, reflexology persuades the body to balance and heal itself, encourages the end of further deterioration, strengthens and reinforces all systems in the body and promotes overall good health. Reflexology is used to complement traditional medicine. It is never meant to replace prescribed therapies and treatments. It is advisable to inform your medical doctor or other licensed health care professional that you will be receiving reflexology sessions if you have been diagnosed with any disease, injury or other physical or mental conditions.
- No Process Found
Complete Price Packages
|No Package Found|
Treatment Booking Hours
|No Booking Found|